'You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.' ~ Paul Sweeney

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Time to Commit!

It has been FOREVER since I have blogged here - life sometimes gets a little too busy to be able to get my thoughts down. 

However, after talking with some of my blogger and writing friends, I am going to once again try to make a monthly blog post, reviewing books, movies, or just talking about some of my favorite fandom things. First on my list is a review of Erika Johansen's "Queen of the Tearling", which I just finished and which Emma Watson is reportedly attached to for the film adaptation. I also just got offered an ARC of the sequel, which I am STOKED about. I can't wait until it arrives and you can bet I will review this one for you all as well!

Since I last posted in September, my life has changed a lot! I was very unhappy with my job and so therefore, most of my time was spent looking for another. I started a new position at a new-to-me company and have been busy learning the ropes. In addition to the new job, an opportunity to travel to London, England, came up unexpectedly and I had to raise funds for the trip, which took place in April. I won't go into the series of unfortunate travel experiences I had, but I will blog about my trip (once I actually got to London!) and include some pictures soon.

MuggleNet duties have kept me busy for the last two years and I love it! I write a special column for them once a week in the Casting News section, called Role Call. I also post news items for our journalists to write up and occasionally get to write some of them myself! In addition, I've taken on the added duty of our Giveaways (which we do a LOT of!). My role at MuggleNet has afforded me many wonderful experiences and perks, and they will have to pry the things I do out of my cold, dead hands if they ever try to take them from me.

Last, it is my goal to begin to write some fiction again. I've been saying this since August, when I graduated from college with my Bachelors degree, but have yet to really put it into action. I think I will dip my toes back into the Role Play scene over on GALS with my friends Bella and Misty, who have urged me in the last month to get my ass back in. Hopefully, this will lead to finding the joy in writing fiction again.

Wish me well on my journey to find the writer in me again and to bring that part of myself back to life. I look forward to revisiting my favorite characters and creating new ones, revamping old storylines and improving upon them. I hope you all enjoy what is to come.

Cheers!

~Aimee~

No comments:

Post a Comment